Northern Lights Hunt & Geothermal Floating
On the northern lights hunt jeep tour you will join local experts in your search for the best spots to see the northern lights. We will take you out of the city lights and into the pitch black winter night up in the mountains around Reykjavík. Our guides are expert photographers and we will have a good camera on all of our tours just so that you will not miss that perfect photo! We will also bring our thermos so that you can warm up with some hot chocolate or tee.
Why come with us!
1. You will get a free retry if we will not see the northern lights on the first tour.
2. We do our very best to only go out when the northern lights can be expected to be seen, which is important so you can make the most of your time in Iceland.
3. We are flexible and will not leave for town in the middle of the show, even though it starts late.
4. We can assist with photographing and even take you picture with our camera. We will then share a link on our facebook wall to an online drive where you can then download them to your computer.
5. We will have hot water on all our tours so you can warm up with hot chocolate or tee. Let your guide know if you wish for a cup and he will pour you a cup of steaming hot chocolate.
Additional item on this tour: Floating
Duration: 4-5 hours
Note: Bring all your warm clothes! You will need a tripod in order to photograph the northern lights.
Disclaimer: The northern lights are a natural phenomenon and sights can never be guaranteed. The Northern lights vary in strength and beauty, and what we get to see is highly up to chance. If we deem there is any chance of seeing the skies and thus a chance to see the Northern lights we will operate the tour. If we do not see the lights on the first try you will get a free retry. We do not refund a Northern lights hunt tour if we do not see the northern lights. This tour is a "hunt" to see the northern lights in their natural surroundings while dealing with Icelandic weather conditions.
What is Floating?
Float is a water relaxation product, focusing on a deep and nourishing water experience. Float is an offspring from Iceland's bathing culture and made to add a new dimension to the water experience, one of relaxation and total bliss. Enjoy a blissful silence. Muscle tension, blood pressure and heart rate drop as you start sinking into a deeply relaxed state. Floating helps to reduce the effects of stress, aids detoxification, offers effective pain relief, speeds up injury recovery and helps alleviate the effects of insomnia, depression and anxiety. After a floating-session you regain a sense of clarity, focus and both physical and mental renewal.
Floating relaxation gives you freedom from all external distractions. You are comfortably wrapped in water creating the perfect setting for the weightless body to experience a deep nourishing relaxation. While floating the whole chemistry of the body changes, such as the muscle tension, the blood pressure and the heart rate drops dramatically and stress related chemicals, such as adrenaline and cortisol, are removed from the bloodstream and replaced by beneficial endorphins. Floating also has a great effect on the mind as the deeply relaxing activity sets the brain to a theta state, which is a deep and healing state, normally achieved in deep meditation. All these biochemical changes occur naturally, all you need is to lie back and float away into deep relaxation.